Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another day in Shobhita's life

The main character here is a woman fictitiously named as Shobhita.
I was not out of my battered soul yet, when Rukmini knocked my door. Unhappy with her new boss and workplace, which I have been hearing for the past two months, she almost banged my door till I broke my inertia and opened the door.
She had this very original worrisome facial expression on her egg-shaped beautiful face ....and as always she anticipated some genuine concern from my side. I was not too enthused at that moment entertaining her trivial woes. She demanded my attention anyways.
I had to wear a fictitious smile in an effort to soothe her imaginative worries which included how her boss may not allow her to order from Pizza Hut as the company has tied up with Dominos.
"What say...see how unlucky I am,” she said.
I had no words and conviction to cajole her and say,” this is just a phase in life you will soon get to work at a new place and order from Pizza Hut." But I did it anyway.
When you enter into this long phase of relationship where you do things out of habit rather than realising them, it gets seriously boring. But then you have never really tried to behave any other possible way and allowed this habit to grow.
"It doesn't matter," I thought. Just five months to go and I'm out of this place.
Rukmini and I have been staying in this working women's hostel since the past two years and never have there been a day she has not complained about her life.
She's perpetually happy in the morning at the breakfast table in the music room....then goes the days her depressing SMSes flood my hand-phone.
Co-workers smile suspiciously as if some romance is brewing...unfortunately it would have been some message reading, "pata hai me an aaj bahot sad hun.. know this guy with that Harvard-type degree..my new manager yaar gives me hi funda and forces me to accept that mine is a nondescript degree...I fought with him..u see my MBA degree is the best in Jabalpur your may be in the US... I'm so sad he is also very cute but that Delhi girl is getting all the bhao...my life is all sad ...mujhe call kar na."I would be preparing some presentation for our new clients in clean energy business...and will typically not respond to her.
Then a flurry of her SMSes reiterating how the damsel-in-distress is almost doomed.
When I go back home she won't be there typically i will have my session of television and non-fiction reading. When I'm just into my bed she will come running he Shobhita what the hell yaar you didn't even call me.
"Where were you ..why so late today," i will ask with little interest. You know I was sad in the day then in the evening Rohit took me to the cafe near the sea-face, I was amazed. ...but then he pissed me up he told, "I can work with you despite your poor education in Jabalpur."
I said he must be joking. She said," tu sunna ..he also said that he was joking." But I didn't believe....you know why?
"Why" I had to ask.
That Delhi hot girl was waiting for us to join at the bar in the inner city circle. He thought I won’t understand.
Then all the nonsense will continues till 1:30 and then she will say chalo mujhe sona hai or else I will have pimples.
I don't know but by this time I never felt like sleeping she i will have to wake up and read some stuff like "The world most respected companies,” The biggest financial disasters in the world history," and so on...
What a day....what a night ...what a friend I have I would think subconsciously with no hope and strong feeling of escaping it.

1 comment:

sadak chhap said...

When you enter into this long phase of relationship where you do things out of habit rather than realising them, it gets seriously boring. But then you have never really tried to behave any other possible way and allowed this habit to grow.........

Piece of ART.... this is what I call writing...